October 17, 2008

And the Blind shall see and the lame will walk again ...

This just in...The End is Near. Impending Doom is Immenient, we're all going to die! But what's this you say? - my donation of $50 can save me from being on Satan's dance card? Well it certainly is a good thing that I tuned into this evangelical infomercial.

You've all seen them - faith healers pacing the stage, healing the sick and making the lame walk. The fact that they exist does not concern me. There are crazies everywhere - need proof - stroll any street in your hometown late at night. The crazies come out to look for grubs and berries, and preach about how Homer Simpson is the new Messiah.



My question is how do the crazies get a national TV show? and who in God's green earth believes these guys?

Hell, we as humans are not the smartest inhabitants on the planet - in fact I have worked with people who would lose to Blue Green Algae in an IQ test, but even they would have a hard time sending their money to these televised snake oil salesmen. Seems people will believe anything if it is on that box with the moving pictures on it. Help me restore my faith in the intelligence of my fellow man.

If you ever, ever, feel the urge to put pen to paper and fill out a check for Reverend Jessie Greenjeans and his miracle bottle of Anti - Satanic scented body lotion - first slap yourself - hard - then fill the check out to me, and send it along. I'm sure I can find a good use for your money. And you have my assurances, along with my personal close relationship to Reverand Homer Simpson, to ease your fears that I will spend the money in an irresponsible manner.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Chat Blanc said...

Amen brotha!!

Unknown said...

For $75 you'll get an "Amen brotha" and one small to medium sized demon exorcised.

Sorry no refunds...

Kevenj said...

OK, but for $75 can I get a guaranty my stocks will finally be going up?

I have to tell you that I am very careful whom I give money to... Are you a member of the BBB (Believers Benifits & Bounty) Association?
I have been a proud member for over 15 years!
It only cost $309.95/month-and I get Reader'sDigest delivered free!
Praise!

Unknown said...

God cannot guarantee your investment without a valid membership in GIG (God Is Great) GIG members do not receive Reader's Digest for free, but they sleep soundly knowing that thier souls will never feel the burn of hell. Can BBB offer you that?