September 24, 2008

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk


Sometimes as a blogger you have those days when you just can't find anything to write about, and then there are those days when the blogs just seem to write themselves.

I present by way of an example the following headline:

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

Do I really even need to add anything to this? I mean it's funny enough as it is right now. Maybe Pamela Anderson wants to expand her role with the organization and sees this as the right opportunity.

Apparently milking a cow is cruel and unusual punishment - to the cow. I've had the pleasure (?) of having worked on dairy farms in the past and all the cows there seemed well adjusted, and actually eager to get milked. Of course it could have been a farm of fetish cows who liked their udders manipulated by large metal machines - I did not look into it at the time.

PETA states that the milk from the cow should go to the baby calf . Ok fair enough - but shouldn't the milk from the lactating human mother be used for her baby as well? If that is the case where do they propose to get this supply of mother's milk? There cannot be that many lactating women without children, out there ready and willing to sell any excess breast milk to Ben and Jerry's.

If this goes through as PETA hopes, the wet nurse market will explode and there will be yet another reason for people to swim the Rio Grande

Imagine if you will what this breast milk ice cream would be called? Ben and Jerry's has fun names to start with but this is likely to take the cake. What would you call it?

Vote for me at Humor Blogs.com

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

Deb said...

Can't you just see it now? Crack whores, junkies, hookers, and other disease-ridden scum of the Earth getting pregnant again and again so they can sell their tainted milk for Ben & Jerry's Thanks for the Mammaries Swirl. (Hey, it's the best I could do on lunch break).

My lunch consisted of tuna on pita (not PETA) with lettuce and a crap load of pepper.

I am a proud PETA member (People Eating Tasty Animals)!

Unknown said...

LOL - Mammaries swirl - excellant!

Anonymous said...

Well if we rely on Pam's milkers, it will have to be called Silicone Swirl bwahahaha...

OK, the whole idea makes me a bit ill but then again, why does cow's milk seem perfectly OK to us a human milk repulsive? I mean, logically, it should be quite the opposite.

Unknown said...

Oh the idea makes me ill too - I'm wondering if the restaurant that was featured in the article, is doing better in regards to sales after deciding to market mom's milk?....They could be closed now for all we know - or opened several franchises

PlainOleMike said...

I'm just waiting for the human rights activists to bludgeon PETA to death.

Anonymous said...

Oh, can this group get any more ridiculous?!! Why don't we concentrate on making sure that all people are treated ethically first and then we'll move down the chain to animals? Anyhowser, I forgot the question while I was up on my soapbox.

Oh, yah -- Melons & Creme (lame I know...I spent to much brain power on my rant) :)

Donnie said...

Hell is the damn nutritional label going to carry the female sources name? Now I don't mind nursing any more than the next guy, but I'm much more willing if it's say Nicole Kidman or somebody like that.

Unknown said...

mike - good things come to those who wait...

angiess - melons and creme will work - we can label it the organic brand

don - I was unaware that Nicole Kidman had breasts. Now if you where talking about Jessica Simpson - I could understand :)

just a girl... said...

you had me at pamela's tits

Unknown said...

Yeah Pamela and her tits do tend to be attention getters. They did more for her career then acting lessons ever would have.

Janet Jarrell said...

I know plenty of people who are currently unemployed and would gladly sign up to carry out the dauting job of milking Pamela.

PlainOleMike says it best!